- What made you decide to hold Steamcon?
- I've registered for Steamcon, but I never received anything in the mail.
- Why are there no one day memberships offered on the website?
- When will the schedule of events be posted?
- Is there a separate charge for the Tea Party and Saturday night concert, and when can I buy my tickets?
- Where can I get Steamcon merchandise before the con to show my support?
- How do I apply to show my art in the Art Exhibition?
- How do I apply to be a Vendor?
- I had a problem registering for the convention.
- How can I volunteer to help with Steamcon?
- Will I need a car during the convention?
- How much is parking during the convention?
- What is your policy on weapons?
- Should I dress up for the convention?
- What if I don't have period Victorian clothing?
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What made you decide to hold steamcon?
My husband and I enjoy steampunk very much and felt it was time there was a convention in our area. To our
delight it seems to have been a well received idea. We can't wait to meet all of you in October.
2. I've registered for steamcon, but I never received anything in the mail.
Steamcon memberships are on a “will call basis.” When you arrive at the convention, go to the
registration table and show them your ID to pick up your badge.
3. Why are there no one day memberships offered on the website?
While we may be able to offer one day memberships at the door, it is not a certainty. Our facility has a finite
amount of space and if we exceed that capacity with presales, then we will be unable to sell any memberships at the
door, and we regretfully won't be offering any one day memberships.
4. When will the schedule of events be posted?
It should be finished about two to three weeks prior to the con. We do know when many events will be happening,
but some details aren't finalized. Meanwhile, I can give you the list below as a guide.
(These times are estimates and may be subject to change)
- Vendors Room — Friday 1:00-7:00, Saturday 10:00-6:00, Sunday 10:00-4:00
- Art Exhibition — Friday 1:00-7:00, Saturday 10:00-6:00, Sunday 10:00-11:00. Art auction at 1:00
- Game Room — Friday at 1:00-12:00, Saturday 10:00-12:00, Sunday 10:00-4:00
- Magic Lantern Theater — Friday 1:00-12:00, Saturday 10:00-12:00, Sunday 10:00-4:00
- Hospitality — Friday 1:00-10:00, Saturday 10:00-10:00 and Sunday 10:00-4:00
- Panels — Friday 1:00-7:00, Saturday 10:00- 8:00 and Sunday 10:00-4:00
- DJ Dances — Friday 8:00-1:00, Saturday 8:00-1:00
- Concert — Saturday 9:00-1:00
- Cabaret — Friday 1:00-7:00, Saturday 10:00-6:00
- Tea and Fashion Show — Saturday 3:00-4:30
- Photo Salon — Friday 1:00-7:00, Saturday 10:00-6:00
5. Is there a separate charge for the Tea Party and Saturday night concert, and when can I buy my
Yes, there will be a separate charge for those two events. Tickets will be available soon. We are still
working out some of the details for each event.
6. Where can I get Steamcon merchandise before the con to show my support?
7. How do I apply to show my art in the Art Exhibition?
Download the Steamcon™ Art Show Application Form
and follow the instructions. If you have any questions, please email
8. How do I apply to be a Vendor?
Currently the Vendor's Bazaar is full. You may email email@example.com to get on the waiting list.
9. I had a problem registering for the convention.
You will want to send the full details of you difficulty to firstname.lastname@example.org, and our
helpful minions will assist you.
10. How can I volunteer to help with Steamcon?
Kindly email our volunteer coordinator at
11. Will I need a car during the convention?
The hotel is near the Seatac Airport and they have a complimentary shuttle service, so if you are not planning
on venturing out away from the convention, you will not need a car.
12. How much is parking during the convention?
The rate for parking is $10.00 a day.
13. What is your policy on weapons?
Being that we are all reasonable adults, the policy is that common sense should reign. No weapons that would be easily
mistaken for a real and dangerous weapon. No brandishing a weapon about in a threatening manner. Please be polite.
If following these simple rules is an issue, we will ask you to please leave the weapons in your hotel room or
vehicle. If that is an issue, you will be asked to depart the convention.
14. Should I dress up for the convention?
While it is entirely up to you whether you dress for the occasion, it is my belief that it one should always
take an opportunity to be stylish in good company.
15. What if I don't have period Victorian clothing?
As I always say, “steampunk needs historical accuracy like a dirigible needs a goldfish.” One can
get away with some anachronism in steampunk, after all it is altered history. And some of us have time machines. ;)